Kartik explores the northernmost stretch of Goa’s beaches, and brings to you the pleasure and joy of finding Keri, the last Goan beach, before Maharashtra tourism welcomes you!
For all the beaches that I have explored in Goa, I have never come across a flat beach, that is protected by mountains on the left, and has the tallest trees chaperoning the curvy art forms of the waves all day. If you happen to see this sublime sight of the colours of twilight punctuated by art forms in wood above the soil, you’ve made it to Keri.
Keri can be reached down a mountain trek from the sweet water lake beach. If you happen to get lost in the path to take, keep your eyes on dogs that make the daily trek between the beaches in search of food. In exchange for a couple of biscuits, you could have yourself ‘chauffer navigated’ up the mountain. We invested our faith in the dog, and it helped when we reached the other end of paradise.
You could also chose the scenic 12 km ride from Arambol to Kerim, over undulating slopes as the roads curve into the forest, while the trees block radiowaves from mobile towers. You first encounter the Keri Ferry, and as your curve to the left you’d reach the Keri beach, overlooking the Ajooba temple. If you do manage to shake of the scare of a lonely night drive, you would do the bike ride well past midnight on a full moon night, and nothing can quite beat this experience.
If you recently watched the Bollywood flick ‘Go Goa Gone’, this beach features in a couple of places in the movie.
Keep a lookout for the trek to Kerim in the next part.
- Exploring Goa – IX – The Beaches And The Helipad (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Goa – XII – Candolim (Coco Beach) (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Goa-VIII- Moving From Aswem To Morjim (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Goa – X – The Airport (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Goa-VII- The Aswem Beach Cure (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)
- Exploring Goa – XIII – Baga Creek (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)