Rohit Sakunia just returned from watching World War Z and could not restrain himself from penning down 4 reasons why it is a viewers delight. Read on
1. Brad Pitt is brilliant: Needless to say this but still the fact remains that Brad Pitt can make even an ordinary flick seem like an extraordinary. He is fabulous, creates scenes which only he can, and travels the globe to find out the answer to a virus which could bring the next apocalypse, or has it already. The zombies look feeble in front of him (which they should considering the great looks of Pitt) and he perfectly settles into the rugged look that he has been crafted in. Considering he is also one of the producers of the film, he definitely has put all in it.
2. Zombies, Thrill, suspense and the Apocalypse: So you just returned after watching Go Goa Gone and have no mental strength remaining to watch yet another. Don’t worry, this is a Hollywood thriller and would look much more realistic and magnanimous then anything you have seen on zombies in your life yet. The scale on which the film has been made and the fact that it has been portrayed as a global apocalypse makes it a must watch for all Armageddon followers.
3. It’s a smart film: When I say its a smart film, it means the script actually makes sense vis-a-vis other Zombie films. It actually makes sense to say that this film goes beyond the normal senseless fun that zombie movies are related to. Its a mystery where the protagonist actually picks up clues to solve a problem which could lead to the end of the world. And lastly
4. It will make you jump and grip the next seating guy tightly: So even though the film makes sense it still gives you moments when you’ll jump off from your seat in sheer fear and thrill. Like all Zombie thrillers, this isn’t a full-time jumping jack film but it has moments where it can scare. Director Marc Foster instills wonders just when you least expected and just when you think the moment is not close comes a thrill that throws you out of the seat. The good thing is it’s not gory but still curls you up in your seat in anticipation of what is to happen next. Its not the classic horror movie, but in its moments, it surpasses all you have seen in the best horror flicks.
Overall a must watch.
- Brad Pitt and the Zombie Shark | Foreign Policy (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)
- ‘World War Z’: Why Brad Pitt’s Zombie Epic Could Be The Biggest Flop Ever (buzzhub.wordpress.com)