No matter whether they are off-screen or what type of their relationships they share in real life, but these on-screen friendship stories have been a hot favorite amongst the viewers. Kushal Sakunia brings to you your favourite friendship jodis.
1. Sholay – Amitabh & Dharmendra (1975)
The first film that comes to mind when we think friendship is of course Sholay. The title role of Jay and Viru excellently played by Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra respectively would etch into your hearts permanently post viewing this classic film and the song “Yeh Dosti”.
2. Dosti – Sudhir Kumar & Sushil Kumar (1964)
Another classic from the golden period of Indian cinema that will touch your emotional chord is ‘Dosti’. Starring Sudhir Kumar and Sushil Kumar, the film is the story of two friends who help each other out even in the face of extreme hardship.
3. Rang De Basanti – Aamir Khan, Sharman Joshi, Kunal Kapoor, Madhavan, Soha Ali Khan (2006)
Fresh faces and an inimitable storyline including friendship, war against corruption and political distress made Rang De Basanti an apt film for the times. It had an incredible story about friendship which the youth of today can relate to. RDB is a must watch this weekend with your friends.
4. Dil Chahta Hai – Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshaye Khanna (2001)
The only film that revolves completely around friends and friendship is Dil Chahta Hai. The three lead characters are the epitomes of true friends, but circumstances drift them apart and the film essentially tries to establish that whatever complicated situations come in one’s life, it’s absolutely impossible to break the bond of a true friendship.
5. 3 Idiots – Aamir Khan, Sharman Joshi & Madhavan (2009)
The story of 3 Idiots is a entertaining journey of three friends who try to explore themselves and share them unforgettable experiences. It dealt with the education system in India and the bond between three engineering students in a premier institution of engineering. It also showed how if one followed his dreams, fame and family and friends will never leave his or her side.
- Gauri and Shah Rukh Khan win ‘best friends in marriage’ poll (dnaindia.com)
- Happy Friendship Day (authorpriyank.wordpress.com)
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag : Story Says Bhaag Janta Bhaag (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)