10 things that have changed in Indian schoolgirls since I have left school –
- The skirts were 2” below knee; now these are 2” above.
- You’d call her ‘hot’ and she will go to teacher with a complaint; now you call her ‘lovely’ (and not ‘hot’) she will go to the teacher with a complaint.
- School loo were used for the usual stuff; now these are used as photography sessions
- Girls used to bunk at least 1 day in a week; now girls go to school at least 1 day in a week
- They used to have a Boyfriend; now its Boyfriends
- The age of having a boyfriend has also gone down. My times were between classes 8-10; now it is between classes 6-8.
- A non-veg joke to a girl was a strict no-no; Now it’s a part of daily cuisine.
- Very less girls had career aspirations then; very few now don’t have.
- Behenjis were majority then. Numbers are skewed towards fashionistas now
- There is a similarity though. They used to top schools; they still manage the feat
Disclaimer – Before the women brigades come after me calling me ‘a sexist’ or generalizing me as ‘shithead’, the points above are a mix of reality, fun, exaggeration and illusion.
A lot has changed since the time we used to be in school in 90’s and now. The paradigm of the Indian society has shifted, definitely has, towards west or its own ancient culture of more open. Non-conservatives can be a debatable fact of course.
- Types Of Young Women In Delhi (missionsharingknowledge.wordpress.com)