By Anuj R
It was outrageous to view today’s headline that the juvenile involved in the Rape case will be imprisoned for 3 years.
I am sure it has left all of us with some questions. To pen it down:
1) What we require at the moment is severity in punishments to change the course of the nation and not implementing judgement based on archaic laws that we have.
2) Will 3 years of community service really change what happens in future to the women of this country. Why are we being mild where it is required to be firm and severely strict ?
3) Stats say that once in 20 minutes there have been reports of rape. So once in 20 minutes something is wrong. Does the judgement provided in any way address this?
4) Why is it that if you are less than 18 years old, you can commit the same ‘heinous’ crime and escape what you really deserve?
5) Are we just going further backward and not doing the right thing?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere” – Martin Luther King
- Confessed child rapist gets 30 days in jail (hotair.com)