In 2011 when Google first launched Google+, a lot of brands offloaded their content and themselves on it. Only to find that the level of interaction was nowhere close to other social networks especially Facebook. Some went immediately off it, saying, that there is enough traction for them on FB so they would not WASTE bandwidth here. A few brands though made very innovative and useful usage of google+ and that made others stand up and notice as to what all can happen on this another innovative platform from the stable of Google. Here are four reasons your brand will only lose if it’s not on G+
1. The omnipresence of google is well known. From search to mail to maps to earth to docs to chat, you name it and they have it in their stable. So basically, google+ is nothing but a tremendous social extension of all those listed above. To add to this m sure, all of us have sometime or other used some of the product of google, thereby making us more closer to G+. Plus if you thought google+ is ghost town like many like to believe, here is some data for thought. There are 500 million people currently on G+ and approximately 343 million are pretty active. The social network has already been named the second largest active network in the world, bigger than twitter and youtube. Decide for yourself the value after seeing the numbers.
2. Better Discoverability: That little +1 button that you see on google+ will soon be as omnipresent as google is. You will find it in display campaigns, ads, on your site and on search results too. Google tracks these +1’s and measures who all are recommending and interacting with your brand. Before you even realize, all the +1’s around your brand will be connected directly to your G+ page. What these numbers and +1’s will indicate is what will help google put your company in places that actually matter. Thus brand engagement extension. Don’t miss out.
3. More Extensive Engagement: Communities are the next big thing in online and social and Google+ definitely is playing big on it. It is places like these where real people come out and have conversations around what they want, what they desire, what they liked from what they bought and what is their next most important need. They discuss interests which directly impacts their buying behavior, thereby exciting brands. Brands thus could create communities, be part of some, and discuss, listen and monitor conversations for their benefits.
4. Let’s Hangout: What better than brands having customer conversations from their social profiles. Google+ makes this possible and there are examples which show how brands have actually made live launches, done live samplings, live testings of products very successfully. There is nothing like making the consumer a part of the brand building process and hangouts are perfectly designed to suit that purpose. Brands have also done giveaways which has excited consumers and have made them come back again to the social to see action and hope future giveaways.
These are just four of Google+ great functions that could help your brand engage more with your consumers. Go in and check out other such exciting features as the product continues to evolve like all other Google products.
- Google Plus Best Practices for Brands (business2community.com)
- The Benefits of Google Plus Series: Hangouts (business2community.com)
- 7 ways Google Hangouts can connect you to your customers (miamiherald.com)